STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford this week:
- Stamford's City Limits Diner named one of the best restaurant, by Connecticut Magazine, welcomes new Chef de Cuisine Matt O'Connor, a White Plains native.
- Charles Jean, 41, a man of Stamford charged with DUI after driving on the wrong side of the road and crash another car in Darien, police said.
- Craig A. Stanland, 40, of Stamford arrested under charges with operating a scheme to fraudulently obtain hundreds of computer networking parts.
- UConn-Stamford expansion plans become official with a $1.5 billion plan approval.
- British Olympian Jason Briggs was named the skating director at Stamford's Chelsea Piers.
- Thomas Steinert-Threlkeld, 59, of Weston, a technology journalist was killed while cycling in a hit-and-run accident on Route 302 in Bethel.
- A new trial was ordered for Greenwich resident and Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel after a judge overturned his conviction in the 1975 murder of Martha Moxley.