Contact Us
Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT
Return to your home site


Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT

Nearby Towns

Breaking News: New Round Of Storms Will Bring Heavy Rain, Then Change In Weather Pattern
police & fire

Two Residents Displaced After Stove Fire In Stamford Apartment

Stamford Fire Department
Stamford Fire Department Photo Credit: Frank MacEachern

STAMFORD, Conn. – The American Red Cross is helping two adults who were displaced after a fire Sunday afternoon in their apartment on Rose Park Avenue in Stamford.

The Red Cross provided assistance to meet the family's immediate needs, including comfort kits with personal care items.

The fire started in a stove in their third-floor apartment, according to the Stamford Advocate. A resident turned on the oven without realizing plastic Tupperware items were inside, the Advocate said.

The fire sent smoke throughout the apartment and damaged part of the kitchen, the Advocate said.

Stamford firefighters doused the blaze before it spread, the story said.

Click here to read the story at the Stamford Advocate.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stamford Daily Voice!

Get the news you need to know on the go.

Welcome to

Stamford Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.