STAMFORD, Conn. -- Suspects who have been charged with lesser offenses in connection with a Stamford man's murder in Manhattan last November could soon be charged with homicide, according to the New York Daily News.
Officials from the Manhattan District Attorney's office said in court last week that they will be returning to a grand jury to seek additional charges within the next two weeks, the New York Daily News reported. The homicide charges have been delayed due to witness issues, according to the New York Daily News.
Joseph Comunale of Stamford was murdered at a luxury apartment in Manhattan following a party on Nov. 13, and his body was disposed of in New Jersey shortly after, according to police. Police have so far charged Lawrence Dilione of Jersey City, N.J., James Rackover of Manhattan and Max Gemma of Oceanport, N.Y. with hindering prosecution and tampering with evidence. Dilione and Rackover have also been charged with concealment of a corpse. But nobody has yet been charged with the murder.
Prosecutors said that issues with witnesses that have so far delayed murder charges have been resolved with the help of the judge in the case, according to the New York Daily News.
All three suspects in the case have pleaded not guilty to their charges, the New York Daily News reported. Admissions made by Dilione in connection with Comunale's murder may also have been taken illegally, according to the New York Daily News.
The suspects will next appear in court on May 19.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.