It's time to get your kids in gear about the dangers of reckless driving. Why now? Because reckless driving is the number one killer of kids ages 15-20. And Speak Up Or Else, a website dedicated to informing young drivers about the dangers of distracted driving, is making a lot of noise.
The website is geared toward young drivers – hence the use of the hitherto unknown word, "alertify" – and uses videos featuring celebrity guests to humorously illustrate scenarios in which teens might find themselves when driving with friends.
It also allows users to sign a pledge about safe driving, as well as to send driving-related "celebrity alertifications" to their friends. Additionally, the website features real-life videos and stories about the impact of reckless driving, as well as real facts. ("Eight in 10 teens say that if a friend told them their driving behavior made them uncomfortable, they would listen.")
Do you regularly talk to you kids about distracted driving? Let me know here.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say
- 5 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening