It's time to get your kids in gear about the dangers of reckless driving. Why now? Because reckless driving is the number one killer of kids ages 15-20. And Speak Up Or Else, a website dedicated to informing young drivers about the dangers of distracted driving, is making a lot of noise.
The website is geared toward young drivers – hence the use of the hitherto unknown word, "alertify" – and uses videos featuring celebrity guests to humorously illustrate scenarios in which teens might find themselves when driving with friends.
It also allows users to sign a pledge about safe driving, as well as to send driving-related "celebrity alertifications" to their friends. Additionally, the website features real-life videos and stories about the impact of reckless driving, as well as real facts. ("Eight in 10 teens say that if a friend told them their driving behavior made them uncomfortable, they would listen.")
Do you regularly talk to you kids about distracted driving? Let me know here.
- 1 Stamford Woman Found Dead After Suspicious Fire In Home
- 2 Stamford Police Seek Suspect Involved In Crash, Chase
- 3 Embattled Stamford High School Appoints Two New Assistant Principals
- 4 Women Betrayed Group To Rally Against Planned Parenthood In Stamford
- 5 Police: Stamford Man Hit Woman With Two Chairs After Dispute Over Music