FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- If you haven't dug the snow off your car yet, don't expect it to melt anytime soon. Cold temperatures and winds will keep snow and slush from melting Wednesday, creating slippery conditions throughout Fairfield County.
There is also a chance that snow could be returning this weekend, according to the National Weather Service.
Tuesday's blizzard buried the county in snow, with totals ranging from 10 inches in Greenwich to 20 inches in New Fairfield. There is a 30 percent chance of snow showers Wednesday afternoon, but the rest of the day is supposed to be mostly cloudy.
The high Wednesday will be near 27, with wind chill values between 10 and 15. Untreated surfaces will be very slippery with black ice and frozen slush, and you should use extra caution while out and about.
Additionally, the west wind is expected to gust between 30 and 40 mph Wednesday, which could potentially bring down tree branches and power lines.
Wednesday night will be partly cloudy with a low around 16 and wind chill values between 5 and 10. The west wind will be between 11 and 14 mph, and gusts will be as high as 34 mph.
Thursday will be partly sunny with a high near 30 and wind chill values between 5 and 15. Winds will be 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 29. Thursday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 18.
It will warm up a little bit on Friday, when the high will be near 40. A light northwest wind will blow between 5 and 10 mph in the morning.
Snow could possibly return beginning Friday night, where there is a 40 percent chance of snow after 2 a.m. The low will be around 27. Snow is likely to hit Saturday before noon, after which rain is likely. The high will be near 40 and the chance of precipitation is 60 percent.
There is also a chance of rain and snow before 10 p.m. Saturday night, then a chance of snow. The low will be around 27. The chance of precipitation is 40 percent. Sunday is expected to be partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.