STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford this week:
- The fifth major storm of 2014 left most of Fairfield County looking like a ghost town Thursday, covering the area with nearly a foot of snow and ice.
- The winter has been so bad, Gov. Malloy has declared a state of emergency to replenish dwindling salt supplies .
- The New York Times rated Stamford's “ Cotto Wine Bar & Pizzeria ” located at 51 Bank St. as “very good”.
- Ryan Henry Crane , who worked for 14 years at J.P. Morgan, died at age of 37.
- Police identified a the body of a homeless 57-year-old man found dead in a snowed-in car in Norwalk.
- A new free trolley links downtown Stamford to Harbor Point and the south end.
- Stamford divers helped The New Canaan YMCA Whirlwind Diving Team to capture the team first place prize at the annual Whirlwind Winter Weekend Invitational Diving Meet.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.