STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford this week:
- The fifth major storm of 2014 left most of Fairfield County looking like a ghost town Thursday, covering the area with nearly a foot of snow and ice.
- The winter has been so bad, Gov. Malloy has declared a state of emergency to replenish dwindling salt supplies .
- The New York Times rated Stamford's “ Cotto Wine Bar & Pizzeria ” located at 51 Bank St. as “very good”.
- Ryan Henry Crane , who worked for 14 years at J.P. Morgan, died at age of 37.
- Police identified a the body of a homeless 57-year-old man found dead in a snowed-in car in Norwalk.
- A new free trolley links downtown Stamford to Harbor Point and the south end.
- Stamford divers helped The New Canaan YMCA Whirlwind Diving Team to capture the team first place prize at the annual Whirlwind Winter Weekend Invitational Diving Meet.