STAMFORD, Conn. – Westhill High School junior Claire Howlett set two school records and won one title Thursday at the Fairfield County Interscholastic Athletic Conference indoor track and field championships.
The meet was held at the Floyd Little Athletic Complex in New Haven.
Howlett won the 3,200 in a blistering dual with Staples freshman Hannah DeBalsi. Howlett won in 10:48.08, with DeBalsi next in 10:50.41. Howlett’s time was also a meet record.
Howlett also had a close call in the 1,600. She ran 5:06.35, and just missed catching Fairfield Warde’s Cate Allen. The Warde junior won in 5:06.23.
Westhill’s boys were led by its strong pole vaulters. Billy Thibault took second with a leap of 13 feet, six inches. Chris Rough was fourth while Kyle Miller (sixth) and Jake Bautista (seventh) also placed.
Westhill’s girls took fifth in the sprint medley with Heidi Druehl, Sabine Paul, Nicole Ambrosecchio and Alison Ambrosecchio.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Stamford Man Faces Prison Term For Having Oral Sex With 12-Year-Old
- 3 Stamford Adds Hours At Government Center For Beach Sticker Sales
- 4 Stamford Man Convicted Of Trying To Hire A Hit Man To Kill Wife's Lover
- 5 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby