STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford junior tennis player Terry McGrath, 11, is now ranked in the top 10 of the U.S. Tennis Association New England 12 and Under category after his most recent win at the level five tournament in East Hartford.
This was Terry’s first win at this level. He began playing at the age of seven.
“It felt great to win the tournament because I beat many players that I had lost at other tournaments,” Terry said in a release.
Last August, he and his father, Lawrence, won the Parent/Child 14 and Under First Niagara Family Classic at the New Haven Open.
Terry has been training with coach Charl van der Merwe at Shippan Racquet Club in Stamford.
His parents have kept everything in perspective with Terry’s development. “We don’t push Terry to play, he plays because he wants to do it,” his mother said in the release.
- 1 Administrators Arrested In Teacher Sex Case Won't Return To Stamford High
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Principal, Assistant Won't Return To Stamford High After Teacher Sex Case
- 4 Stamford Schools Earn Average Grades From Advocacy Group
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Stamford