STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford's Springdale Little League will hold tryouts for its first-time and returning non-Majors players, ages 8 to 12, on Saturday, March 1, at the Springdale Elementary School gymnasium on Hope Street. The gym is behind the baseball field.
The tryout schedule, based on how old the child is on May 1, 2014, is:
- 12 and 11-year-olds – 9 to 10 a.m.
- 10-year-olds – 10 to 11:15 a.m.
- 9-year-olds – 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- 8-year-olds – 12:45 to 1:45 p.m.
All children who have registered will be placed on a team.
Players age 9 and older who want to be eligible for possible draft by a team in the Majors division must tryout.
Eight-year-olds tryout only for AA- and AAA-level team placement. Players age 7 and younger do not need to tryout and will be notified of a team assignment in late April.
Players trying out should bring a glove, a bat if they have one, wear sneakers and sign-in 10 minutes before their scheduled time.
More league information is available at: http://springdalell.com
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station