STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford's Springdale Little League will hold tryouts for its first-time and returning non-Majors players, ages 8 to 12, on Saturday, March 1, at the Springdale Elementary School gymnasium on Hope Street. The gym is behind the baseball field.
The tryout schedule, based on how old the child is on May 1, 2014, is:
- 12 and 11-year-olds – 9 to 10 a.m.
- 10-year-olds – 10 to 11:15 a.m.
- 9-year-olds – 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- 8-year-olds – 12:45 to 1:45 p.m.
All children who have registered will be placed on a team.
Players age 9 and older who want to be eligible for possible draft by a team in the Majors division must tryout.
Eight-year-olds tryout only for AA- and AAA-level team placement. Players age 7 and younger do not need to tryout and will be notified of a team assignment in late April.
Players trying out should bring a glove, a bat if they have one, wear sneakers and sign-in 10 minutes before their scheduled time.
More league information is available at: http://springdalell.com
- 1 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop
- 2 Stamford Announces Musical Lineup For Alive@Five Concerts
- 3 Stamford Animal Control Report Calls For Shorter Leash On Volunteers
- 4 Young Stamford Slugger Belts Homers From Each Side Of Plate
- 5 Stamford Man Gets 12 Years In Prison For Impregnating Preteen