STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford's Springdale Little League will hold tryouts for its first-time and returning non-Majors players, ages 8 to 12, on Saturday, March 1, at the Springdale Elementary School gymnasium on Hope Street. The gym is behind the baseball field.
The tryout schedule, based on how old the child is on May 1, 2014, is:
- 12 and 11-year-olds – 9 to 10 a.m.
- 10-year-olds – 10 to 11:15 a.m.
- 9-year-olds – 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- 8-year-olds – 12:45 to 1:45 p.m.
All children who have registered will be placed on a team.
Players age 9 and older who want to be eligible for possible draft by a team in the Majors division must tryout.
Eight-year-olds tryout only for AA- and AAA-level team placement. Players age 7 and younger do not need to tryout and will be notified of a team assignment in late April.
Players trying out should bring a glove, a bat if they have one, wear sneakers and sign-in 10 minutes before their scheduled time.
More league information is available at: http://springdalell.com
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Stamford, NOAA Predicts