STAMFORD, Conn. – Chelsea Piers Connecticut announced a new high level summer training academy, Top Shelf Hockey Academy.
Top Shelf Hockey at Chelsea Piers offers a series of invite-only camps designed to hone the skills and conditioning of experienced travel hockey players.
With low player-to-coach ratios and a professional staff (including collegiate coaches and an Olympic Gold Medalist), motivated athletes will improve their skating and hockey skills. Along with intense on-ice instruction, players receive off-ice strength training at BlueStreak and focused instruction at the Outdoor Hockey Skill Zone. Groups are divided by age and skill level.
The coaching staff includes college, pro, and Olympic male and female coaches. In addition to Chelsea Piers staff coaches, Top Shelf coaches include:
- Jamie Bruno, CPCT Hockey Director
- Shaun Hannah, Cornell University ‘94, Sacred Heart Coach ’96-‘09
- Jared Waimon, Pro Crease Goaltending School, Trinity College Coach
- Alana Blahoski, Team USA Olympic Gold Medalist ‘98
- Sam Faber, University of New Hampshire ’09, Patty Kazmaier Award finalist, Chelsea Piers coach
- Ivo Mocek, QMJHL 1st Round Pick, Czech National Team U16-U20
- Jason Guerriero, Northeastern ’05, Yale Assistant Coach
- Eric Lang, American International College ’98, Army Assistant Coach
Weekly Top Shelf Camp offerings range from:
Forward vs. Defense – This camp focuses on position-specific skill development, situational awareness, puck movement and stick handling for forwards and defensemen.
Scoring Academy – The goal of this camp is to mold players into goal scorers by focusing on technique, positioning, power, accuracy, quickness, fakes and deceptions.
Goalie vs. Shooter – Pro Crease Goaltending School partners with Top Shelf for a camp that focuses goalies on positioning and technique while shooters focus on power, accuracy, quick release and deception.
Power Skating and Conditioning – This camp is designed to improve a player’s explosiveness, edge control and overall speed. In addition to on-ice skating instruction, there is substantial time dedicated to pre-season conditioning.
Top Shelf Team – This camp offers competitive travels teams a unique training camp experience to train for the upcoming season. On the ice, players benefit from top-notch coaching and work on specific skill development and competition. Off the ice, players focus on teamwork, leadership and camaraderie – elements that are vital to team success. Full-day players have access to the Chelsea Piers pro-style locker rooms, including gear storage.
For more information, visit the Chelsea Piers Connecticut website.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Stamford Police Release Video Of Shooting, Ask For Help Finding Suspects