STAMFORD, Conn. – With a 6-1 win over Darien on Wednesday, the Nationals of the Stamford National Little League advanced to the title game of the District 1 Tournament of Champions.
The Nationals, who won the league championship on Saturday, will play Norwalk for the TOC title on Saturday at 7 p.m. at Bill Terry Field in Wilton.
Harry Gatto got the victory for the Nationals over Darien with relief help from Brayden Davis. Gatto also had three RBIs while Chase Crum and Craig Ottaviano had RBI singles. Mike Maloney made several nice defensive plays at shortstop.
After a five-game losing streak midway through the regular season, the Nationals got hot and won six of their last seven regular season games. They took a three-game winning streak into the league playoffs and reeled off four straight victories, outscoring opponents, 38-7.
The Nationals beat Rowayton in their first TOC game, 10-2, and take a nine-game win streak into the contest against Norwalk. The Norwalk champion, Signature Landscaping, has won 11 straight games.
The Nationals are managed by Brian Maloney with assistants Rocco Cuscuna, Steve Gatto and John Ottaviano.
- 1 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 Stamford Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Stamford
- 4 Stamford Man Charged With Fondling Wilton Woman During Meditation Session
- 5 Stamford's SAC Capital Boss Makes Forbes Billionaire List