STAMFORD, Conn. -- Sarah Meyers of Stamford and Isabella Salant of New Canaan are part of a juvenile division synchronized skating team that has advanced to the national championships in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Meyers, 13, is an eighth grade student at Rippowam Middle School. Heading to nationals is nothing new for Meyers -- it will be her third trip with the team.
Salant, 12, is a middle school student in New Canaan. Unlike Meyers, this will be her first trip to nationals.
Meyers and Salant skate for the Team Image Synchronized Skating Team. The squad secured its trip to Nationals with a fifth place finish at the Eastern Sectional qualifier in Hershey, Pa.
They will be competing against 12 other teams at the national competition in Colorado on Thursday, Feb. 27.
- 1 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 2 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 3 Stamford’s Cloonan Middle School Earns School Of Distinction Honor
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Stamford