STAMFORD, Conn. — Professional baseball players will be making their way to Florida and Arizona soon to prepare for their season but Stamford Little Leaguers have Elite Sports Training’s “Winter Break Tune-Up.”
Players can choose the skills clinic that will focus on improving fielding, bunting and throwing techniques, or the pitching clinic that focuses on leg drive, balance and other mechanics, according to the center.
The clinic will take place during the schools' winter break, Feb. 18 through Feb. 22.
Leading the clinics will be Rit Lacomis, assistant varsity baseball coach at Stamford High School and head coach of the Babe Ruth League’s Stamford Thunder. He will be assisted by former Black Knight players.
The skills clinic is for kids 6 to 12 and will take place Monday through Friday from 5 to 7 p.m. The pitching clinic is for kids 7 to 12 from Monday through Friday from 3 to 4:30 p.m. There is no pitching session on Wednesday.
Each session will take place in the gym at Stamford High School, 55 Strawberry Hill Ave., except on Feb. 20 when the skills session will move to the auxiliary gym at the school.
The skills clinic is $160 for a single child or $150 for siblings, and the pitching clinic is $110 for a single child or $100 for siblings. Call 203-856-7880 for more information.
- 1 Stamford Doctor Pleads Guilty To Narcotics Distribution, Fraud
- 2 Stamford Man Charged In Late Night Sex Assault In Apartment Building
- 3 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 4 Stamford Adds Hours At Government Center For Beach Sticker Sales
- 5 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train