FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The University of Connecticut continued to make its mark on men's college basketball, capturing its fourth NCAA title on Monday night by beating the University of Kentucky, 60-54.
The Huskies never trailed in the game played at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The UConn men's basketball team also won national titles in 1999, 2004 and 2011.
The UConn women's basketball team plays Notre Dame on Tuesday night for the NCAA championship, going for a doubling up of titles for the Huskies.
The women's team is seeking an unprecedented ninth national championship. The women's team has won NCAA championships in 1995, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2010 and 2013.
UConn doubled up, winning both the men's and women's titles, in 2004, a decade ago.
The game in Nashville, Tenn., begins at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. It will be the first women’s national title game between the unbeaten teams.
Read more about the men's championship game here at Sports Illustrated.
- 1 Administrators Arrested In Teacher Sex Case Won't Return To Stamford High
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Principal, Assistant Won't Return To Stamford High After Teacher Sex Case
- 4 Stamford Schools Earn Average Grades From Advocacy Group
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Stamford