STAMFORD, Conn. – Olympic gymnast John Orozco will visit Arena Gymnastics in Stamford on Friday for the team’s sixth annual “Meet the Team” exhibition fundraiser. The exhibition begins at 7:30 p.m.
Orozco, who was on the United States team that competed in the London Olympics last summer, will sign autographs after the exhibition. He will also be promoting the 2013 U.S. Gymnastics Championships, scheduled for Aug. 15-18 at the XL Center in Hartford.
Arena Gymnastics will showcase its Level 7 through Level 10 gymnasts in a competition format as they prepare to travel to St. Louis and Lake Buena Vista, Fla. to compete among some of the best gymnasts in the country.
New Canaan’s three-time Eastern national champion Caroline Fitzpatrick will perform for the last time at Arena. She will compete in gymnastics at Central Michigan University in the fall.
Orozco will speak about the championships, the first step of his journey to compete at the Olympics in 2016. A representative will be accepting ticket orders for the championships at a reduced “early bird” price that ends on Feb. 3.
A donation of any amount is requested for admission. All donations directly benefit the Arena Gymnastics Travel Fund.
- 1 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Stamford
- 2 Young Stamford Gymnast Vaults To Forefront In State Competition
- 3 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower