NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk native Silas Redd has signed a free agent contract to play in the NFL with the Washington Redskins, according to ctpost.com
The former standout at King Low Heywood Thomas in Stamford spent his first two years playing for Penn State and rushed for more than 1,200 yards in his sophomore season. Redd then transferred to USC amid the heavy sanctions levied against Penn State because of the Jerry Sandusky sex-abuse scandal, ctpost.com reported.
- 1 Body Found In Lake Ontario ID'd As Fairfield's Max Maisel
- 2 Stamford Woman Charged With Punching Ex-Boyfriend's New Girlfriend
- 3 Westhill's Northstar Playmakers Perform 'Hairspray' In Stamford
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Stamford
- 5 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield