NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk native Eileen Ornousky was named the Colgate University Athlete of the Week after hitting the first two home runs of her college career Saturday against Bucknell.
Ornousky, a senior who played at Trinity Catholic, went three-for-six with three runs, six RBIs and a walk as Colgate split the doubleheader. Colgate won Game 1, 6-5, and dropped the nightcap, 12-3.
"It was her first career home runs and it's senior weekend, so nothing could be greater for her," head coach Melissa Finley said on the Colgate softball website. "She hits them all the time in practice so it was nice to see her hit one in the game. I was really proud of her and her hitting today."
Ornousky is hitting .203 and has played in 32 games (25 starts) for Colgate (11-29).
- 1 Police: Cross-Dressing Man Charged In Stamford Mugging
- 2 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 3 Crowds Line Up Early In Stamford To Get New iPhones
- 4 Stamford Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer
- 5 Stamford Resident Completes West Point Cadet Basic Training