NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk native Eileen Ornousky was named the Colgate University Athlete of the Week after hitting the first two home runs of her college career Saturday against Bucknell.
Ornousky, a senior who played at Trinity Catholic, went three-for-six with three runs, six RBIs and a walk as Colgate split the doubleheader. Colgate won Game 1, 6-5, and dropped the nightcap, 12-3.
"It was her first career home runs and it's senior weekend, so nothing could be greater for her," head coach Melissa Finley said on the Colgate softball website. "She hits them all the time in practice so it was nice to see her hit one in the game. I was really proud of her and her hitting today."
Ornousky is hitting .203 and has played in 32 games (25 starts) for Colgate (11-29).
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal