NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk native Eileen Ornousky was named the Colgate University Athlete of the Week after hitting the first two home runs of her college career Saturday against Bucknell.
Ornousky, a senior who played at Trinity Catholic, went three-for-six with three runs, six RBIs and a walk as Colgate split the doubleheader. Colgate won Game 1, 6-5, and dropped the nightcap, 12-3.
"It was her first career home runs and it's senior weekend, so nothing could be greater for her," head coach Melissa Finley said on the Colgate softball website. "She hits them all the time in practice so it was nice to see her hit one in the game. I was really proud of her and her hitting today."
Ornousky is hitting .203 and has played in 32 games (25 starts) for Colgate (11-29).
- 1 Husband Remembers WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi At Stamford Service
- 2 Dogs Attack Stamford Woman And Her Labrador At Tilley Pond Park
- 3 Stamford Woman, 76, Dies Thursday; Cops Say Son Beat Her Violently
- 4 Man Charged With Attacking Wife , Swinging Ax Over Her Head In Stamford
- 5 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items