STAMFORD, Conn. – Young basketball players can receive training and conditioning in clinics conducted by the Stamford Peace beginning Friday, Sept. 21.
Boys and girls in grades 5-11 can participate in the clinics, which run through Nov. 10.
Clinics for boys and girls in grades 5 to 8 will be held Fridays from 6 to 7:15 p.m. Players in grades 9 to 11 will play from 7:30 to 8:45 p.m. The Sept. 21 clinics will be held at the Stamford YMCA at 909 Washington Blvd. Subsequent Friday clinics will be held at St. Luke’s School in New Canaan.
Players also have the option of attending Saturday clinics at the Stamford Athletic Club, 75 Third St. Players in grades 5 and 6 will practice from 10 to 11 a.m. Seventh- and eighth-graders will play from 11 a.m. to noon, and children in grades 9 to 11 will play from noon until 1 p.m.
The clinics will be taught by Stamford Peace coaches Brian Kriftcher and Lenwood Latta. The cost is $250 for the full slate, or $20 per session. Visit the group’s website at www.stamfordpeace.com for more information.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Police: Cross-Dressing Man Charged In Stamford Mugging
- 3 Stamford Man Hit By Car Remains In Critical Condition
- 4 Police: Homeless Patron Punches Stamford Bouncer In The Nose
- 5 Stamford Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach