FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – An eighth-grade AAU boys basketball team from Fairfield County won its fifth tournament of the season by taking the Kingz of the Court tournament last weekend in New Haven.
The United Sons and Daughters team, chosen from players in the Fairfield County Basketball League, won the title with a 80-35 win over the CT Elite in the final game. Alex Preston of Darien and Nik Parker of Weston dominated the paint in the final to help the team roll to an easy win.
United Sons and Daughters defeated the Running Rebels, 71-28, in its first game. In its most competitive game of the tournament, USAD defeated Long Island Lightning, 71-55, as Danbury’s Marcus Fox scored 18 points. Preston added 16. Fox also had 30 points in a 77-35 win over Elite East.
Other players on the team were Darien’s Jackson Ryan, Stamford’s Sean Morris, New Canaan’s James Crovatto, Newtown’s Bobby Haskins, Darien’s Zak Swetye and Carter Scott, Wilton’s Jack Williams, Justin Seideman of Westport, Weston’s Chris Swanson and Jorden Means of White Plains, N.Y.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield