FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The Boston Buildup Winter Series 20K race that had been scheduled for this weekend in Fairfield has been postponed -- again -- to Sunday, Feb. 23, due to the heavy snowfall.
"Sorry for the inconvenience, but roads are too narrow and more snow is expected Saturday," race organizers said on Facebook. "No decision has been made regarding the 25K but leaning toward pushing that back a week also to March 9."
The Boston Buildup Winter Series is a set of four races in lower Fairfield County favored by many area runners who take part to get in shape for spring marathons.
The 20K race, which had been postponed from Feb. 9 to Feb. 16, will now be run on Feb. 23 at 9 a.m., stepping off from Tomlinson Middle School on Unquowa Road in Fairfield. Runners should park at the train station.
The 25K race is set for Silvermine School on Perry Avenue in Norwalk. Runners should carpool. Its start date of 9 a.m. March 2 may be delayed until March 9.
- 1 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Stamford
- 5 Stamford Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm