FAIRFIELD, Conn. -- The Boston Buildup Winter Series 20K race that had been scheduled for this weekend in Fairfield has been postponed -- again -- to Sunday, Feb. 23, due to the heavy snowfall.
"Sorry for the inconvenience, but roads are too narrow and more snow is expected Saturday," race organizers said on Facebook. "No decision has been made regarding the 25K but leaning toward pushing that back a week also to March 9."
The Boston Buildup Winter Series is a set of four races in lower Fairfield County favored by many area runners who take part to get in shape for spring marathons.
The 20K race, which had been postponed from Feb. 9 to Feb. 16, will now be run on Feb. 23 at 9 a.m., stepping off from Tomlinson Middle School on Unquowa Road in Fairfield. Runners should park at the train station.
The 25K race is set for Silvermine School on Perry Avenue in Norwalk. Runners should carpool. Its start date of 9 a.m. March 2 may be delayed until March 9.
- 1 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 2 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty
- 5 Police Blame Pistol-Whipping, Rivalry For Stamford Slaying; 2 Arrests Made