STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford Early Childhood Collaborative is holding a Community Conversation event on Saturday, Jan. 25, at UConn-Stamford from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The gathering is designed to bring residents together to discuss the challenges parents and families face today and identify opportunities to support parents and nurture children to be healthy and make better choices.
The Junior League of Stamford-Norwalk will provide a morning of activities for children of participants who register in advance. Transportation stipends are available and parking at UConn is free.
“Being a parent is a hard. Many work long hours; many feel stretched thin by constant emotional and time demands,” Sue Rigano, chair of the Stamford Early Childhood Collaborative and executive director of the Stamford Public Education Foundation, said in a statement. “This event highlights the importance of what we can do as a community to support parents and what actions we might take together to foster good things in our community.”
Interested Stamford residents and community leaders are encouraged to attend and should register in advance.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal