STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford Early Childhood Collaborative is holding a Community Conversation event on Saturday, Jan. 25, at UConn-Stamford from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The gathering is designed to bring residents together to discuss the challenges parents and families face today and identify opportunities to support parents and nurture children to be healthy and make better choices.
The Junior League of Stamford-Norwalk will provide a morning of activities for children of participants who register in advance. Transportation stipends are available and parking at UConn is free.
“Being a parent is a hard. Many work long hours; many feel stretched thin by constant emotional and time demands,” Sue Rigano, chair of the Stamford Early Childhood Collaborative and executive director of the Stamford Public Education Foundation, said in a statement. “This event highlights the importance of what we can do as a community to support parents and what actions we might take together to foster good things in our community.”
Interested Stamford residents and community leaders are encouraged to attend and should register in advance.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford