STAMFORD, Conn. — Parents and educators can now look up how Stamford schools are doing with the state releasing performance reports.
Each school was given a School Performance Index that combines student performance in all tested grades and subjects. Indexes at 100 mean on average all students are at goal or higher, 88 to 100 is at target, 67 to 88 is at proficient, 33 to 67 is at basic and lower than 33 means below basic.
Two Stamford schools, Hart and Springdale, were both identified as Schools of Distinction for “Highest Progress,” the website said.
Three schools were listed as Focus schools, for low performing student subgroups. Roxbury and Davenport need to focus on black students, and Trailblazers Academy on high-need students, which means those with disabilities, English learners, and those eligible for free/reduced lunch, the website said.
Stamford Academy was listed as a Turnaround School, a status it will keep for three years. To remove the status, it will need to show sustained improvement with the school performance index and graduation rate, the website said.
Here is how Stamford schools performed last school year:
▪ Academy of Institute of Technology: 78
▪ Stamford High School: 64.5
▪ Westhill High School: 67
▪ Stamford Academy: 18.6
▪ Cloonan Middle School: 72.9
▪ Davenport Ridge School: 67.2
▪ Dolan Middle School: 76.6
▪ Hart School: 77.1
▪ Julia A. Stark School: 74.6
▪ K.T. Murphy School: 70.5
▪ Newfield School: 75.1
▪ Northeast School: 77.8
▪ Rippowam Magnet Middle School: 74.3
▪ Rogers International School: 80.1
▪ Roxbury School: 67.7
▪ Scoffield Magnet Middle School: 84.4
▪ Springdale School: 75.6
▪ Stillmeadow School: 79.3
▪ Toquam Magnet School: 79.7
▪ Turn of River School: 73.5
▪ Westover Magnet School: 84
▪ Trailblazers Academy: 46.1
Find more information about the scores here.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Crumbs Makes A Cupcake Comeback In Stamford