STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Newfield School has entered the Seeds of Change program in the hopes of receiving one of two $20,000 grants.
The grants will be awarded to organizations that help support and develop sustainable, community-based gardening and farming programs that focus on teaching people where their food comes from.
From now through Monday, April 21, visitors will have an opportunity to vote once per day for the organization they feel deserves a grant based on the organization’s demonstration of how the grant would help it to achieve its goals.
Two grants of $20,000 and 15 grants of $10,000 will be awarded to the top vote-getters on on or about May 5.
- 1 Stamford Woman Found Dead After Suspicious Fire In Home
- 2 Stamford Police Seek Suspect Involved In Crash, Chase
- 3 Women Betrayed Group To Rally Against Planned Parenthood In Stamford
- 4 Stamford Gets Wet As Slide The City Comes To Town
- 5 Police: Stamford Man Hit Woman With Two Chairs After Dispute Over Music