STAMFORD, Conn. - Students at Stamford’s Cloonan Middle School got to meet “Survivor” winner Sophie Clarke on Thursday morning.
Clarke spoke to students who participate in the school's College For Every Student program about her success on the show and in school. She was part of the program while at Willsboro Central School in Willsboro, N.Y..
In addition to winning the "South Pacific" season of the hit CBS reality show, Clarke, 23, is currently a student at Mount Sinai College of Medicine, and is a graduate of Middlebury College. While in high school she was an athlete, prom princess, and valedictorian, a news release said.
College For Every Student is an organization that works with low-income students to raise academic aspirations and performance to help them get into college, according to the release.
Some 600 students are in the College For Every Student program at Cloonan, one of three schools in Stamford to offer it. Cloonan is the first school to take part in its science, technology, engineering and math program.
- 1 Stamford Woman Avoids Being Swindled Out Of Thousands In Craigslist Scam
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Stamford Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud