STAMFORD, Conn. -- Adriana Rizzuto of Stamford, a senior at Cabrini College in Radnor, Pa., was the sole student to speak at a campuswide event this month recognizing the school as a Fair Trade College.
Rizzuto is president of Cabrini’s Fair Trade Club, a student organization. Last year, as vice president, she led efforts by students, faculty, staff and alumni to complete the fifth stage of the fair trade certification process, gathering 800 signatures to demonstrate the commitment to fair trade.
Cabrini College is one of only 17 colleges and universities in the nation to earn fair trade status, as determined by Fair Trade Colleges and Universities in partnership with Fair Trade USA.
Click here for more information.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Single-Family Home Price Climbs 5.1 Percent In Stamford