STAMFORD, Conn. -- Adriana Rizzuto of Stamford, a senior at Cabrini College in Radnor, Pa., was the sole student to speak at a campuswide event this month recognizing the school as a Fair Trade College.
Rizzuto is president of Cabrini’s Fair Trade Club, a student organization. Last year, as vice president, she led efforts by students, faculty, staff and alumni to complete the fifth stage of the fair trade certification process, gathering 800 signatures to demonstrate the commitment to fair trade.
Cabrini College is one of only 17 colleges and universities in the nation to earn fair trade status, as determined by Fair Trade Colleges and Universities in partnership with Fair Trade USA.
Click here for more information.
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Stamford
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Stamford Teen Dances Role Of Sugar Plum Fairy In 'Nutcracker'