STAMFORD, Conn. -- Adriana Rizzuto of Stamford, a senior at Cabrini College in Radnor, Pa., was the sole student to speak at a campuswide event this month recognizing the school as a Fair Trade College.
Rizzuto is president of Cabrini’s Fair Trade Club, a student organization. Last year, as vice president, she led efforts by students, faculty, staff and alumni to complete the fifth stage of the fair trade certification process, gathering 800 signatures to demonstrate the commitment to fair trade.
Cabrini College is one of only 17 colleges and universities in the nation to earn fair trade status, as determined by Fair Trade Colleges and Universities in partnership with Fair Trade USA.
Click here for more information.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Crumbs Makes A Cupcake Comeback In Stamford