STAMFORD, Conn. - Stamford’s Taylor Kniffin was named to the Dean's List at Bates College in Lewiston, Maine, for the winter 2014 semester.
Kniffin is majoring in neuroscience at Bates.
To be named to the Dean’s List, a distinction must be earned by students whose cumulative grade point average is 3.71 or higher.
"Dean's list students at Bates are exemplary high academic achievers. They model the good things that come from being goal-oriented, hard-working and persistent," said Matthew R. Auer, vice president for academic affairs and dean of the faculty at Bates. "Dean's list students make everyone proud at Bates. Congratulations to our honorees."
Bates is internationally recognized as a leading college of the liberal arts, attracting 2,000 students from across the U.S. and around the world. Since 1855, Bates has been dedicated to educating the whole person through creative and rigorous scholarship in a collaborative residential community. Cultivating intellectual discovery and informed civic action, Bates prepares leaders sustained by a love of learning and zeal for responsible stewardship of the wider world.
- 1 Stamford Woman Found Dead After Suspicious Fire In Home
- 2 Stamford Police Seek Suspect Involved In Crash, Chase
- 3 Embattled Stamford High School Appoints Two New Assistant Principals
- 4 Women Betrayed Group To Rally Against Planned Parenthood In Stamford
- 5 Police: Stamford Man Hit Woman With Two Chairs After Dispute Over Music