STAMFORD, Conn. – Taylor Kniffin of Stamford, a member of the Bates College rowing team, earned All-Academic distinction honors for the New England Small College Athletic Conference.
To receive this honor, a student-athlete must be a sophomore in academic standing who has earned a varsity letter, and must have a grade point average of 3.35 or higher.
Kniffin is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Kniffin of Stamford. She is a 2010 graduate of Deerfield Academy and is majoring in neuroscience.
“We had a really gratifying spring season that saw so many competitive successes complemented with equally impressive achievements by our student-athletes,” said Kevin McHugh, director of athletics at Bates College. “The NESCAC spring All-Academic awards highlight those successes.”
Bates is a liberal arts college in Lewiston, Maine.
- 1 Stamford Woman Charged With Punching Ex-Boyfriend's New Girlfriend
- 2 Westhill's Northstar Playmakers Perform 'Hairspray' In Stamford
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Stamford
- 4 Young Stamford Gymnast Vaults To Forefront In State Competition
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed