STAMFORD, Conn. --The Stamford Public Schools 2014-15 Annual Report to the Community is now available to residents on the school's websites, in mailboxes and in the summer edition of Stamfordplus magazine, according to an announcement.
It reports on the past year's accomplishments and on "the progress, successes and challenges" across the district.
The report also features outstanding administrators, educators, students and alumni.
The following are profiled in the report:
- Julia A. Stark Elementary School Principal Edith Presley.
- Westhill High School Principal Camille Figluizzi.
- Turn of River Middle School Assistant Principal Robert Biko.
- Hart Magnet Elementary School Assistant Principal MaryAnn Mara.
Academy of Information Technology & Engineering teachers, who were also 2015-16 Teacher of the Year Finalists:
- Nicholas DeAntonis.
- Sean Peterson.
- Dr. Samah Chadli.
- Troy Duncan and Namrata Ramakrishna from Stamford High School.
- Nicole Smina and Silvana Cardona from Westhill High School.
- Charles Collins and Tanusri Balla from the Academy of Information Technology and Engineering.
- Former U.S. Sen. Joseph Lieberman.
- Sklyer Ross, student at Yale University and 2016 Marshall Scholarship Award winner.
- James “Jimmy” King, artist and trumpeter for Bruno Mars.
- Matthew Quinones, chief executive officer, Stamford Public Education Foundation.
- Alumnus John Martin, who donated his time and photographic talent in the creation of the report for the second year.