STAMFORD, Conn. — Stamford families in need will be able to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal Thursday thanks to the students at Gray Farms Nursery School.
The children collected green beans, sweet potatoes, corn, and other Thanksgiving foods and then packaged them in baskets for Family Centers to distribute, a news release said. The food drive the school participated in was part of an annual one held by St. John’s Lutheran Church.
Family Centers is a private non-profit organization offering education and human services to children and families in need in lower Fairfield County.
- 1 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 First Niagara To Close Bank Branch In Stamford
- 5 UBS Lists Stamford Office Space As Available For Lease