STAMFORD, Conn. — Stamford families in need will be able to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal Thursday thanks to the students at Gray Farms Nursery School.
The children collected green beans, sweet potatoes, corn, and other Thanksgiving foods and then packaged them in baskets for Family Centers to distribute, a news release said. The food drive the school participated in was part of an annual one held by St. John’s Lutheran Church.
Family Centers is a private non-profit organization offering education and human services to children and families in need in lower Fairfield County.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford