STAMFORD, Conn. — Stamford families in need will be able to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal Thursday thanks to the students at Gray Farms Nursery School.
The children collected green beans, sweet potatoes, corn, and other Thanksgiving foods and then packaged them in baskets for Family Centers to distribute, a news release said. The food drive the school participated in was part of an annual one held by St. John’s Lutheran Church.
Family Centers is a private non-profit organization offering education and human services to children and families in need in lower Fairfield County.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director