STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford native Alice Levitt recently performed in the third annual Wheels4Women Cabaret at Ithaca College to aid victims of abuse in India.
During the performance, members of the senior class performed a variety of musical numbers and spoken word pieces with the theme of hope.
Wheels4Women is an Ithaca College student organization dedicated to providing vehicles and training for residents of the SAKHI shelter of India towards becoming licensed rickshaw drivers, thus helping them to achieve financial independence for themselves and their children, representatives said.
SAKHI is an initiative of the Cultural Academy for Peace in Kerala, India. The center aims to help women and children who face harassment, torture, suicide and sexual and domestic abuse on a daily basis.
- 1 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 2 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Stamford
- 5 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety