STAMFORD, Conn. -- The State Board of Education will hold a public hearing on a proposal to establish the Stamford Charter School for Excellence, a charter elementary school.
The hearing will be at the Stamford Government Center on Tuesday, March 11, from 6 to 8 p.m.
The Stamford Charter School for Excellence, is a proposed charter school for children in prekindergarten through fifth grade and will be modeled after the Bronx Charter School for Excellence in New York City, which was named a Blue Ribbon School in 2012.
The Stamford Charter School for Excellence's curriculum will be geared toward preparing their students for attendance at major colleges and universities even at the earliest stages.
The proposed charter school is hoping to open its doors in September 2015.
The Stamford Government Center is located at 888 Washington Blvd.
- 1 Stamford Police Warn Of Strange Men Approaching School Girls
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford
- 3 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 4 Police: Stamford Woman, 76, Beaten By Son Dies Of Injuries
- 5 Former Stamford Man Suspected In Darien Cop's Death Arrested On Gun Charges