STAMFORD, Conn. -- The State Board of Education will hold a public hearing on a proposal to establish the Stamford Charter School for Excellence, a charter elementary school.
The hearing will be at the Stamford Government Center on Tuesday, March 11, from 6 to 8 p.m.
The Stamford Charter School for Excellence, is a proposed charter school for children in prekindergarten through fifth grade and will be modeled after the Bronx Charter School for Excellence in New York City, which was named a Blue Ribbon School in 2012.
The Stamford Charter School for Excellence's curriculum will be geared toward preparing their students for attendance at major colleges and universities even at the earliest stages.
The proposed charter school is hoping to open its doors in September 2015.
The Stamford Government Center is located at 888 Washington Blvd.
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 Two Men Charged In Armed Robbery Of Stamford Convenience Store