STAMFORD, Conn. -- The State Board of Education will hold a public hearing on a proposal to establish the Stamford Charter School for Excellence, a charter elementary school.
The hearing will be at the Stamford Government Center on Tuesday, March 11, from 6 to 8 p.m.
The Stamford Charter School for Excellence, is a proposed charter school for children in prekindergarten through fifth grade and will be modeled after the Bronx Charter School for Excellence in New York City, which was named a Blue Ribbon School in 2012.
The Stamford Charter School for Excellence's curriculum will be geared toward preparing their students for attendance at major colleges and universities even at the earliest stages.
The proposed charter school is hoping to open its doors in September 2015.
The Stamford Government Center is located at 888 Washington Blvd.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News
- 4 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 5 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station