STAMFORD, Conn. -- Five Stamford High School students performed in the state's Western Region Music Festival.
Sophomore Dunhua Zhu, junior Zoe Usowski, junior Savannah Viggiano, senior Bennett Leeds and senior Matthew Sweeney performed during the Connecticut Music Educators' Association event on Jan. 17 and 18 at Trumbull High School. The students were chosen from among hundreds of high school students.
All five vocalists are members of the Stamford High School Madrigal Singers under the direction of Gloria Sinaguglia.
The five students performed as part of the 2014 Connecticut Western Region Chorus, under the direction of Pamela Perry. The students will move on to the next round of auditions for inclusion in the 2014 CT All-State Festival.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Stamford On Wednesday
- 2 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stamford's Backyard Humanitarian Conducts Annual Coat Drive