STAMFORD, Conn. -- Five Stamford High School students performed in the state's Western Region Music Festival.
Sophomore Dunhua Zhu, junior Zoe Usowski, junior Savannah Viggiano, senior Bennett Leeds and senior Matthew Sweeney performed during the Connecticut Music Educators' Association event on Jan. 17 and 18 at Trumbull High School. The students were chosen from among hundreds of high school students.
All five vocalists are members of the Stamford High School Madrigal Singers under the direction of Gloria Sinaguglia.
The five students performed as part of the 2014 Connecticut Western Region Chorus, under the direction of Pamela Perry. The students will move on to the next round of auditions for inclusion in the 2014 CT All-State Festival.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Crumbs Makes A Cupcake Comeback In Stamford