STAMFORD, Conn. -- Leaders in Stamford's business and community are receiving the 2017 Excellence in Education Awards from the Stamford Public Education Foundation.
It recognizes contributions to the mentoring and literacy programs in the city's school system.
The following awards will be given at an awards dinner March 23:
- SPEF Philanthropy Award : First County Bank/First County Bank Foundation for leadership and innovation.
- SPEF Leadership Award : Polly O’Brien Morrow, for enriching the Stamford community in the area of public education.
- SPEF Community Service Award : Junior League of Stamford-Norwalk, for its impact on youth development particularly focusing on literacy.
- SPEF Educator Award : Teachers nominated by the Parent-Teacher Organizations at their schools for creating an exceptional learning environment. Each will receive a $1,000 donation for their classroom.
SPEF Educator Award nominees:
- Claude Morest of AITE
- Christine Bucci of Cloonan Middle School
- Mindy Rabinowitz of Davenport Ridge Elementary School
- Kaitlyn McKenna of Hart Magnet Elementary School
- Christopher Knight of Julia A. Stark Elementary School
- Tressa Kinahan of New School at Strawberry Hill
- Ronet Noe of Newfield Elementary School
- Josue Jasmin of Rogers International School
- Ken Martin of Roxbury Elementary School
- Matthew Gladstone of Stamford High School
- Melissa Hoch of Stillmeadow Elementary School
- Lauren Hofer of Toquam Magnet Elementary School
- Juan Pazmino of Westhill High School