STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford police arrested a 25-year-old man Wednesday, March 12, on charges of entering two schools illegally and prompting them to go into lockdown, according to ctnews.com.
Pierre Beauvil, a former Westhill High School student, entered Roxbury Elementary at 9:30 a.m. carrying a black backpack and wearing a camouflage jacket, ctnews.com reported.
Beauvil told the custodian who spotted him that he was looking for his keys then ran away, the story said. The suspect was seen near the counselor's office at Westhill 15 minutes later, ctnews.com said.
Police were looking into the schools' security measures to determine how Beauvil gained access, according to ctnews.com.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Stamford Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Stamford Police Arrest Two Teens In Purse-Snatching Attack On 69-Year-Old