STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford police arrested a 25-year-old man Wednesday, March 12, on charges of entering two schools illegally and prompting them to go into lockdown, according to ctnews.com.
Pierre Beauvil, a former Westhill High School student, entered Roxbury Elementary at 9:30 a.m. carrying a black backpack and wearing a camouflage jacket, ctnews.com reported.
Beauvil told the custodian who spotted him that he was looking for his keys then ran away, the story said. The suspect was seen near the counselor's office at Westhill 15 minutes later, ctnews.com said.
Police were looking into the schools' security measures to determine how Beauvil gained access, according to ctnews.com.
- 1 Police: Stamford Man, 85, Hit Wife In Head With Ax In Dispute Over Food
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt Near Stamford Border
- 5 Stamford Man Charged With DWI In Head-On Collision