STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford police arrested a 25-year-old man Wednesday, March 12, on charges of entering two schools illegally and prompting them to go into lockdown, according to ctnews.com.
Pierre Beauvil, a former Westhill High School student, entered Roxbury Elementary at 9:30 a.m. carrying a black backpack and wearing a camouflage jacket, ctnews.com reported.
Beauvil told the custodian who spotted him that he was looking for his keys then ran away, the story said. The suspect was seen near the counselor's office at Westhill 15 minutes later, ctnews.com said.
Police were looking into the schools' security measures to determine how Beauvil gained access, according to ctnews.com.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Single-Family Home Price Climbs 5.1 Percent In Stamford