STAMFORD, Conn. -- Two Stamford girls recipients were among 30 students chosen to receive Raymond F. Gates Jr. Memorial Scholarships.
Danielle Cavaliere, daughter of Debra Rende-Cavaliere, and Zoe Eliades, daughter of Diane Eliades, were among the winners. The mothers of both girls are Realtors.
The Raymond F. Gates, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 1976 in memory of Raymond F. Gates Jr. after his death in an automobile accident. Gates was executive vice president of the Connecticut Realtors. Over the past 38 years, children of Realtors have been awarded scholarships totaling more than $770,000.
The Connecticut Realtors received more than 100 applications for the 2013-14 academic year.
Members of the 2014 Raymond F. Gates Jr. Memorial Scholarship Selection Committee were: Carol Cavalieri, Tri-County Board of Realtors, Cyndy DaSilva, Newtown Board of Realtors, Steven Miller, New Haven Association of Realtors, Diana Newbert, New Milford Board of Realtors, Cheryl Scott Daniels, Mid Fairfield County Association of Realtors, and Robert Stone, Greater Fairfield County Board of Realtors.
- 1 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Open Houses In Stamford This Weekend
- 5 Carmen J. Lorenti, 54, Of Stamford, Owned Lorenti Landscaping