STAMFORD, Conn. -- Two Stamford girls recipients were among 30 students chosen to receive Raymond F. Gates Jr. Memorial Scholarships.
Danielle Cavaliere, daughter of Debra Rende-Cavaliere, and Zoe Eliades, daughter of Diane Eliades, were among the winners. The mothers of both girls are Realtors.
The Raymond F. Gates, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 1976 in memory of Raymond F. Gates Jr. after his death in an automobile accident. Gates was executive vice president of the Connecticut Realtors. Over the past 38 years, children of Realtors have been awarded scholarships totaling more than $770,000.
The Connecticut Realtors received more than 100 applications for the 2013-14 academic year.
Members of the 2014 Raymond F. Gates Jr. Memorial Scholarship Selection Committee were: Carol Cavalieri, Tri-County Board of Realtors, Cyndy DaSilva, Newtown Board of Realtors, Steven Miller, New Haven Association of Realtors, Diana Newbert, New Milford Board of Realtors, Cheryl Scott Daniels, Mid Fairfield County Association of Realtors, and Robert Stone, Greater Fairfield County Board of Realtors.
- 1 Police: Stamford Man, 85, Hit Wife In Head With Ax In Dispute Over Food
- 2 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt Near Stamford Border
- 5 Stamford Man Charged With DWI In Head-On Collision