STAMFORD, Conn. — William Tong won the race to represent Stamford and Darien in the 147th state House District, defeating Nicola Tarzia in a 5,636 to 4,312 vote in Tuesday's election, according to the registrars.
Democrat Tong was seeking his fourth term as a state representative. Before being elected to the State House of Representatives, he served on the Personnel Commission of Stamford. He works as an attorney with Finn Dixon & Herling LLP and also serves on the board of the nonprofit group Person-to-Person. Earlier this year, he ran as a candidate for U.S. Senate.
Republican Tarzia has been a resident of Stamford for his whole life. He is a former vice president of the Stamford Board of Education and co-founder of Darien Business Networking International. He created two companies devoted to real estate development and mechanical contracting, and is a founding board member of the Stamford Public Education Foundation.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News
- 4 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 5 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station