STAMFORD, Conn. — William Tong won the race to represent Stamford and Darien in the 147th state House District, defeating Nicola Tarzia in a 5,636 to 4,312 vote in Tuesday's election, according to the registrars.
Democrat Tong was seeking his fourth term as a state representative. Before being elected to the State House of Representatives, he served on the Personnel Commission of Stamford. He works as an attorney with Finn Dixon & Herling LLP and also serves on the board of the nonprofit group Person-to-Person. Earlier this year, he ran as a candidate for U.S. Senate.
Republican Tarzia has been a resident of Stamford for his whole life. He is a former vice president of the Stamford Board of Education and co-founder of Darien Business Networking International. He created two companies devoted to real estate development and mechanical contracting, and is a founding board member of the Stamford Public Education Foundation.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Stamford Police Release Video Of Shooting, Ask For Help Finding Suspects