STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford Republican Town Committee recently selected Eva Maldonado as the group's new chairwoman.
Maldonado is the first Hispanic chairperson in the group's history, according to a press release. Maldonado was selected during The Stamford RTC organizational meeting held last month. The group "nominated and voted a strong devoted team to guide Stamford Republicans to victory in the upcoming elections at the Stamford Government Center," representatives said.
Maldonado "overwhelmingly was nominated as the Stamford RTC Chairwoman," representatives said. Other positions filled during the Stamford RTC organizational meeting included Vice Chairman Anthony "Tony" Spadaccini, Secretary Cristina Andreana, Treasurer Andy Wainwright and Correspondence Secretary Kiernan Ryan.
The Stamford Republican Town Committee works to "register voters, volunteer our time for candidates, and raise money to promote the Republican message of smarter, more effective, and more efficient government in our city," according to the organization's website.
For more information, residents are invited to visit the Stamford RTC website. Those with questions or comments are asked to contact Maldonado at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Police: Stamford Man, 85, Hit Wife In Head With Ax In Dispute Over Food
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt Near Stamford Border
- 5 Stamford Man Charged With DWI In Head-On Collision