STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford State Rep. Michael Molgano (R-144) is joining House Republicans in filing a petition to force the Education Committee to hold a public hearing on the Common Core curriculum.
Molgano joined other House Republican legislators in the petitioning process known as Joint Rule 11 to gather the 51 signatures needed, according to a release. The petition will permit the two bills relating to the Common Core curriculum and teacher evaluations to be raised that were previously denied by the Chairs of the Education Committee, according to the release.
“Something of such significance deserves input from the people it affects the most, teachers and educators,” said Molgano.
"The initial informational forum offered by the Chairs of the Education committee would have had designated speakers with the time constraints," representatives said in the release. "This forum is still scheduled to take place on Friday. A time and date for the petitioned public hearings has not yet been set."
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 4 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 5 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School