STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford State Rep. Michael Molgano (R-144) is joining House Republicans in filing a petition to force the Education Committee to hold a public hearing on the Common Core curriculum.
Molgano joined other House Republican legislators in the petitioning process known as Joint Rule 11 to gather the 51 signatures needed, according to a release. The petition will permit the two bills relating to the Common Core curriculum and teacher evaluations to be raised that were previously denied by the Chairs of the Education Committee, according to the release.
“Something of such significance deserves input from the people it affects the most, teachers and educators,” said Molgano.
"The initial informational forum offered by the Chairs of the Education committee would have had designated speakers with the time constraints," representatives said in the release. "This forum is still scheduled to take place on Friday. A time and date for the petitioned public hearings has not yet been set."
- 1 Administrators Arrested In Teacher Sex Case Won't Return To Stamford High
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Principal, Assistant Won't Return To Stamford High After Teacher Sex Case
- 4 Stamford Schools Earn Average Grades From Advocacy Group
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Stamford