STAMFORD, Conn. — Three Republicans and two Democrats won races for seats on Stamford's Board of Education in Tuesday's election, according to the StamfordAdvocate.com.
Republicans Mike Altamura and Andy George won three-year terms on the noard, along with Democrat David Mannis. Gerald Bosak Jr., a Republican, and Democrat Jennienne Burke won one-year terms. An incumbent, Polly Rauh, lost her bid for re-election to the school board.
Democrats swept the top three spots for the Board of Finance. Dudley Williams, Mary Lou Rinaldi and David Kooris were the top vote-getters.
Other winners Tuesday night in Stamford were:
- Board of Representatives - District 1: David Watkins/Republican
- Board of Representatives - District 11: Alice Liebson/Democrat
- Board of Representatives - District 17: Michael Briscoe/Democrat
- Board of Representatives - District 2: Virgil de la Cruz/Democrat
- Board of Representatives- District 9: Rodney Pratt/Democrat
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.