STAMFORD, Conn. -- Two members of Stamford's Board of Representatives surprisingly resigned in June, less than a year after securing re-election, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Republican city Rep. Mary Uva and Democratic city Rep. Ben Velishka both tendered their resignations, saying they had become disenchanted with the poorly functioning government, the Stamford Advocate reported.
Many members of the board agreed with the two representatives, saying there are current members who have been serving on the board for too long, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 Police: Stamford Man, 85, Hit Wife In Head With Ax In Dispute Over Food
- 2 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 3 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt Near Stamford Border
- 4 Stamford Man Charged With DWI In Head-On Collision
- 5 Stamford Man Charged In Assault On Darien Girlfriend