STAMFORD, Conn. -- Two members of Stamford's Board of Representatives surprisingly resigned in June, less than a year after securing re-election, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Republican city Rep. Mary Uva and Democratic city Rep. Ben Velishka both tendered their resignations, saying they had become disenchanted with the poorly functioning government, the Stamford Advocate reported.
Many members of the board agreed with the two representatives, saying there are current members who have been serving on the board for too long, the Stamford Advocate said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Stamford Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow