6 p.m. update: STAMFORD, Conn. -- A 65-year-old Stamford man died of his injuries after he was struck by a car Friday morning near Stamford High School on Strawberry Hill Avenue, the Advocate reported.
The victim, identified as Carmine Passero, suffered a serious head injury in the 9:30 a.m. accident, the Advocate said. He died later at Stamford Hospital.
No charges have been filed against the driver, who was pulling out of his apartment complex when he hit Passero with his 2013 Mercedes-Benz C300 sedan, police told the Advocate. The police investigation was continuing.
Read the full story here at the Advocate.
Original story: STAMFORD, Conn. -- A 65-year-old man was rushed to the hospital after he was hit by a car in front of Stamford High School on Friday morning, according to the Stamford Advocate.
The man suffered a serious head wound in the accident, the Advocate reported. The northbound side of Strawberry Hill Avenue had to be closed for 45 minutes after the accident, police told the Advocate.
The driver of the car who hit the victim stopped immediately and is cooperating with police, the Advocate said.
- 1 NY Woman Charged With Using Phony $100 Bills At Stamford Mall
- 2 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Stamford Could See Light Snow Through Thursday Morning