STAMFORD, Conn. — The following is the fourth of 10 stories The Stamford Daily Voice will post in the coming days to recap the year that was in Stamford. The stories are not running in any order.
A 13-year-old Stamford boy was killed after he and his 16-year-old brother crashed their dirt bikes in a field off Long Ridge Road in August, police said.
The investigation found the two were riding toward each other and were slightly offset when they collided. An off-duty volunteer firefighter who lives in the area found the boys, police said. Both had suffered serious injuries. Another person living near the area called 911, police said.
The field, located near Roxbury Road, is owned by the city. It was used for leaf dumping but has been abandoned for some time. Barricades were set up to block cars, but dirt bikes and other smaller vehicles could fit through. Dirt bike tracks were the only sign of use.
The boys’ father, Kevin J. Bella, died in July.
- 1 Stamford Woman Found Dead After Suspicious Fire In Home
- 2 Stamford Police Seek Suspect Involved In Crash, Chase
- 3 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 Women Betrayed Group To Rally Against Planned Parenthood In Stamford