STAMFORD, Conn. -- Three teenagers are facing charges after they tried to steal a television from Landmark Square in Stamford early Monday, police said.
A security guard noticed the three teens in the Landmark Square lobby trying to steal a flat screen television just after 2 a.m., police said. The guard told them to leave or he would call police, the police report said. The teens left but not before directing some comments at him, police said.
The teens then tried to get into the attendant's booth on Broad Street, police said. They were chased away by the attendant, and officers were called, police said.
Two 13-year-olds and a 14-year-old were arrested. Each was charged with third-degree burglary and conspiracy to commit third-degree burglary.
Each teen was released on a juvenile summons to appear in state Superior Court. They were released to their parents. No damage was reported at Landmark Square, police said.
- 1 Stamford Police Warn Of Strange Men Approaching School Girls
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford
- 3 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 4 Police: Stamford Woman, 76, Beaten By Son Dies Of Injuries
- 5 Former Stamford Man Suspected In Darien Cop's Death Arrested On Gun Charges