STAMFORD, Conn. -- Three teenagers are facing charges after they tried to steal a television from Landmark Square in Stamford early Monday, police said.
A security guard noticed the three teens in the Landmark Square lobby trying to steal a flat screen television just after 2 a.m., police said. The guard told them to leave or he would call police, the police report said. The teens left but not before directing some comments at him, police said.
The teens then tried to get into the attendant's booth on Broad Street, police said. They were chased away by the attendant, and officers were called, police said.
Two 13-year-olds and a 14-year-old were arrested. Each was charged with third-degree burglary and conspiracy to commit third-degree burglary.
Each teen was released on a juvenile summons to appear in state Superior Court. They were released to their parents. No damage was reported at Landmark Square, police said.
- 1 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Stamford
- 2 Young Stamford Gymnast Vaults To Forefront In State Competition
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 5 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower