STAMFORD, Conn. -- Quick work by officers resulted in the arrest of three men who had just robbed a 14-year-old of his cellphone, headphones and keys, police said.
The 14-year-old was walking in the area of the Boys & Girls Club on Stillwater Avenue on Sunday evening when he saw an older old four-door white car parked in the area that made him nervous, police said. He quickened his pace to pass the car, but one of the men jumped out of car and grabbed him, police said.
They asked what was in his hands and he said nothing, police said. But they grabbed his iPhone, keys and headphones that he was carrying and jumped into the white 1995 Toyota Corolla and drove off, police said.
The victim borrowed a friend's phone and called police. Officers found the car on nearby Carolina Road shortly thereafter and arrested the men.
Three Stamford men were arrested: Stanley Jean, 26, of 78 Virgil St.; Garly V. Joseph, 22, of 81 Lafayette St., and Sanders Augustine, 18, of 25 Vista St. Each is charged with second-degree robbery and second-degree conspiracy to commit robbery.
Bond was set at $25,000 for each of the men.
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 Two Men Charged In Armed Robbery Of Stamford Convenience Store