FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Across the entire state, Connecticut State Police issued more than 5,500 tickets over the long Labor Day holiday weekend.
One fatal accident also occurred in the state. A motorcyclist died after a crash Monday in Chaplin, state police Lt. J. Paul Vance said.
Here are the final statistics from the state police, with the numbers from midnight Friday through midnight Monday:
- 1,727 speeding violation
- 200 seat belt violations
- 3,720 other hazardous moving violations (cell phone, follow too close, etc.)
- 35 driving while under the influence
- 315 total accidents
- 33 with injury
- 1 fatality
For comparison, here are the statistics from 2013 from the State Police:
- Speeding: 1,513
- Seatbelt: 231
- Other hazardous: 3,513
- DUI: 50
- Total accidents: 259
- 44 with injury
- 3 fatal
State Police used aircraft, unmarked patrol vehicles, and additional manpower to increase public safety to the highways and secondary roads.
The death of a driver at Lime Rock Race Track over the weekend was not considered to be a road fatality but an untimely death, State Police said.
- 1 Stamford Baseball Standout Commits To University Of Hartford
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 3 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 4 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 5 Stamford Man Found With Images On Computer Faces Child Porn Charges