STAMFORD, Conn. — The woman who drove her vehicle into a Stamford home on Cody Drive Tuesday evening has died, a release from the police department said.
Carol Pavia, 79, of Stamford, appeared to be turning from Pepper Ridge Road to Turner Road when her car sideswiped a 1990 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon, then went up onto a lawn on Turner Road and hit a parked, unoccupied 2011 Ford Taurus, and continued into the home at 6 Cody Drive, the release said.
Pavia was responsive at the scene, but later experienced medical complications at Stamford Hospital and succumbed to her injuries from the collision, the release said.
The release did not say if the 61-year-old Stamford resident driving the Toyota was injured in the crash, and the Ford was unoccupied when it was hit by Pavia’s 2010 GMC Terrain, the release said.
The incident took place around 4:45 p.m. and remains under investigation, the release said.
Read the original story here.
- 1 Stamford Woman Found Dead After Suspicious Fire In Home
- 2 Stamford Police Seek Suspect Involved In Crash, Chase
- 3 Embattled Stamford High School Appoints Two New Assistant Principals
- 4 Women Betrayed Group To Rally Against Planned Parenthood In Stamford
- 5 Police: Stamford Man Hit Woman With Two Chairs After Dispute Over Music