STAMFORD, Conn. -- A 72-year-old substitute teacher arrested on charges of masturbating in hallway at Stamford's Westhill High School pleaded not guilty Thursday at Stamford Superior Court, the Stamford Advocate reported.
Michael Luecke of Stamford pleaded not guilty to indecent exposure, risk of injury to a child and breach of peace in the court appearance, the Advocate said.
Stamford police officers arrested Luecke near the start of the school day the morning of Feb. 26 after a paraprofessional witnessed him masturbating while lying on the floor near lockers and students at Westhill High School, police said in a statement.
He told authorities that he was just adjusting his pants, according to court documents.
"Video surveillance was found showing Luecke ... in a corner of a stairwell in the Rayner building suspiciously manipulating the front of his pants while looking at students in the courtyard," police said.
Luecke posted bond Feb. 27 and was put on 24-hour house arrest and ordered to wear an electronic monitoring bracelet.
He was also subsequently fired from his jobs as a substitute teacher in the Stamford and Greenwich public schools.
His next court appearance is April 17, the Advocate said.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 4 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News
- 5 Stamford Cops Find Man Passed Out In Car With Engine Running