STAMFORD, Conn. — Stamford Police have released photos of the 56 firearms collected during four gun buy-back events held in December and January.
The take included 10 rifles, 11 shotguns, 22 revolvers and 13 pistols, a release from the department said. In exchange for the working firearms, police gave out gift cards.
Two BB guns, two swords, a battle axe and a small amount of ammunition were also collected, the release said.
The buy-backs were the department's first since 2001, when 67 guns were received at five events.
The department plans more gun buy-backs in the spring and will be looking for sponsors and donations to buy gift cards. Individuals and organizations interested in supporting the events should contact Officer Joseph Steyer at 203-977-4916.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Stamford On Wednesday
- 2 Billionaire Cohen Donates $20 Million To Stamford Hospital
- 3 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 4 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 5 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich