STAMFORD, Conn. — Police are looking for two men who dropped a gun loaded with hollow-point bullets over the weekend, Sgt. Robert Shawinsky said.
The suspects were hanging out in front of 273 Greenwich Ave., and took off running when they saw two officers, he said. They dropped an automatic pistol when they ran, Shawinsky said. It is illegal for any non-police officers to have hollow- point bullets, he said.
The officers approached the two men because they were acting suspiciously, Shawinsky said.
Police believe they know who one of the suspects is, but Shawinsky was unable to give any description of either suspect.
The case is still under investigation.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield