STAMFORD, Conn. — Police are looking for two men who dropped a gun loaded with hollow-point bullets over the weekend, Sgt. Robert Shawinsky said.
The suspects were hanging out in front of 273 Greenwich Ave., and took off running when they saw two officers, he said. They dropped an automatic pistol when they ran, Shawinsky said. It is illegal for any non-police officers to have hollow- point bullets, he said.
The officers approached the two men because they were acting suspiciously, Shawinsky said.
Police believe they know who one of the suspects is, but Shawinsky was unable to give any description of either suspect.
The case is still under investigation.
- 1 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Stamford
- 2 Young Stamford Gymnast Vaults To Forefront In State Competition
- 3 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl