STAMFORD, Conn. — Police are looking for two men who dropped a gun loaded with hollow-point bullets over the weekend, Sgt. Robert Shawinsky said.
The suspects were hanging out in front of 273 Greenwich Ave., and took off running when they saw two officers, he said. They dropped an automatic pistol when they ran, Shawinsky said. It is illegal for any non-police officers to have hollow- point bullets, he said.
The officers approached the two men because they were acting suspiciously, Shawinsky said.
Police believe they know who one of the suspects is, but Shawinsky was unable to give any description of either suspect.
The case is still under investigation.
- 1 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop
- 2 Young Stamford Slugger Belts Homers From Each Side Of Plate
- 3 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Stamford
- 4 Stamford Animal Control Report Calls For Shorter Leash On Volunteers
- 5 Stamford Man Gets 12 Years In Prison For Impregnating Preteen