STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford police officers pounced on a man they suspected of transporting heroin as he rolled into a McDonald's restaurant parking lot Friday morning, police said.
Elton Perry, 20, of 35 Judson St., Bridgeport, was arrested and charged with possession of drugs and possession of drugs with intent to sell. Bond was set at $5,000. His first scheduled court date is Sept. 10.
The bust began after Narcotics and Organized Crime Squad officers learned that a man driving a black Nissan Maxima planned to make a heroin delivery to another person at the location, Captain Richard Conklin said.
At about 11:30 a.m., the suspect drove into the parking lot and was stopped by waiting officers, police said.
Officers discovered 20 small packages of heroin stamped "No Gimmick" with a total street value of $400, Conklin said. Police also seized $1,240 in cash, he said.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast